California Lemon Law News + Info

Nissan Pathfinders, Rogues Allegedly Equipped With Faulty CVT Transmissions

Another class action lawsuit alleges that 2014–2016 Nissan Rogue SUVs have faulty transmissions that lurch, jerk, shake and stall.

However, this lawsuit also includes 2015–2016 Nissan Pathfinders, which allegedly have defective continuously variable transmissions (CVTs).

The primary plaintiffs say that the transmissions cause intermittent shuddering, jerking and other safety issues that sometimes force drivers to pull over to avoid collisions. The transmissions allegedly cause delays when drivers try to accelerate. Some owners claim that regular service does not help with the transmission problems.

Nissan allegedly knew about the CVT’s defects for years and sold the faulty vehicles anyway. In 2009, the automaker had extended powertrain warranties for the following vehicles with CVTs: 2008–2010 Nissan Rogue, Murano, Versa, Sentra, Altima, Maxima and Cube.

The class action lawsuit also cites several technical service bulletins (TSBs) and service campaigns regarding the CVTs installed in Rogue and Pathfinder SUVs.


Lemon Law Help by Knight Law Group is an automotive lemon law firm that exclusively practices in California. If you are a California resident who purchased or leased a defective vehicle from a licensed dealership in California, we may be able to help you get rid of your potential lemon and recover significant cash compensation. Model year restrictions apply: 2017–Present vehicle models only.

However, we cannot help those who reside outside of California or purchased their vehicle outside of California unless they are active duty members of the Armed Forces, nor will we be able to refer those to a lemon law firm in their states.

To learn more about the California Lemon Law and your legal rights, visit our guides on the California Lemon Law and Used Car Lemon Law for more information.

Think You Have a Lemon?

Tell us about Yourself
Tell us about your vehicle

By submitting this form, you agree to be contacted via phone, text or email regarding your claim.